Who we are
Sherwill Drake Forbes is the trading name of Sherwill Forbes Limited and Sherwill Forbes (RCD) Limited, private limited companies by guarantee under registration numbers 08470513 and 14599131. Their registered office is 201 Silbury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, Bucks MK9 2HR.
Sherwill Drake Forbes is a data controller under the data protection legislation. Contact details are shown at the end of this notice.
The information we collect includes:
- Landline and/or Mobile Number
- E-mail address
We collect your personal information from:
- Authority To Act Form;
- Any information entered on our website;
- Email, post, fax and mail correspondence with Sherwill Drake Forbes; and
- Contact via phone.
We will use this information to:
- Undertake a task on your behalf;
- Contact you for any updates in relation to your queries and complaints as required, and keep you informed of the tasks progress;
- Investigate any issue/complaint against our members.
We will respond to your queries via phone, email and/or post. If you do not wish to be contacted by Sherwill Drake Forbes by a particular means, please contact us to confirm your preferences.
What is the legal basis for processing your data
Where processing data is necessary the legal basis for Sherwill Drake Forbes for processing clients data is ‘contract’ as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations. In this case the contract between Sherwill Drake Forbes and yourselves to undertake a specific task/undertaking is relied upon. In other instances we may rely on ‘consent’ for lawful processing.
If we have written to you personally in our initial letter we are do so under ‘legitimate Interest’ term as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations. We have obtained your name from Land Registry records in order to write to you. If you in due course choose to instruct Sherwill Drake Forbes the legal basis for processing your data at that point will change to ‘Contract’. Please refer to the previous paragraph for further details.
Who will have access to the information
We do not share any of your information with any third parties or data processors in regards to any tasks being undertaken by the utilities department.
The rural department may share certain information with third parties for the purposes of a task, this will not be done without prior consent from yourself as the client.
Sherwill Drake Forbes takes responsible organisational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided by reputable security providers and your information is accessed on a need to know basis.
How long will we keep your information
Sherwill Drake Forbes is a firm of chartered surveyors regulated by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). In order to comply with the regulations set out by RICS all information relating to that instruction, undertaken by Sherwill Drake Forbes must be held for a minimum of seven years in case it is required in defence of a legal claim.
You have the right to:
- Update us in writing and have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us at the address set out on the end of this notice.
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We will only send this information to either the address or email we hold to ensure your data security. We will respond within one month of receipt of your request. This service is free of charge.
- Have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling. (Sherwill Drake Forbes does not undertake any automated processing.)
Enquiries and complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquiries in writing.
If you are unhappy with our handling of your data or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All complaints should be sent to:
Sherwill Drake Forbes
28 Ashby Road,
Tel: 01908 614 248
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information.
Their contact details are:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745
Review of Sherwill Drake Forbes’ Privacy Notice
This notice was last reviewed in November 2022. The content of the policy may be reviewed and changed without prior notice. We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check from time to time.